The Dramatics & Cultural Association of XLRI
Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stylus Entry - 9

My Love - When Will You Know?

Blind ! Love is.
Told, I was.

On a maiden, all my gaze I poured .
A beauty nonpareil , I always swored.
Seduced I was, by her artless charms.
Wished I did, to be always in her arms.

Momentary thrills she bestowed in plenty ,
Making me feel like one in a billion and twenty.
Slave I became, to her appeal and ornament,
“How am I to live without you?” was my constant lament.

Capable though I was,
Of eulogising my sweetheart
Words failed me in her ubiquitous presence.
Sweet-nothings I wanted to whisper.
Only to wonder,”Power of speech, did it ever grace I ?”

Ergo,gave up I did, my relentless battle
Of owning her through my will and my zeal !
Rest I did and silent I became,
Eloquence-silence hath more than speech*

Then, she did hear……
A heartrending cry
From the depths of one soul.
In a torrent she came,
To embrace that source.

Surprised, I was not ,by her impulsive act.
'Coz .True love is rewarded, I knew in my heart.
“Why, the delay?” I asked my beloved
Experiencing her in my everexistent heart,
“Why the delay?” , she retorted back,
“It was your fault ! ” was her reply to my shock.

My faults she pointed out with love and grace
“Duality as long as you felt, shy I was to kiss”,
"You and I are the same, you resisted to accept”
Hence the delay, hence the delay……

“True, my dear….true ”
My lover You are .
My father You are .
My mother You are .
I ,You are ,
Nay, You-I am !
Whom “people feeling duality” call NATURE…..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech-MARTIN FARQUHAR

- Ramaswamy V, P08041

Labels: ,

posted by DRACULA at - 0 Comments -

Post a comment