The Dramatics & Cultural Association of XLRI
Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stylus Entry - 10

P00r and not so poor

The old lady, begging and pleading for empathy,
Waited by the roadside,
For some angel to come across her way.
But, no one seemed to alleviate her plight.
Moved by her painful agony,
I stopped at the sight, thinking to myself
How could god be so cruel to her?

As I pocketed out a coin and dropped in her bowl.
She heard the clank and her face gleamed
She looked up with gratitude, to thank
Only then did I realize, she was blind.

“What was her fault? Why this skewed luck?”
Crossed my mind as I crossed the road.
A sudden feeling gushed in the back of my mind
Thank god I am so lucky, to have what I have.

We don’t learn to appreciate what we have.
We feel restless for what we don’t have.
And never realize what god has gifted us with.
We don’t know the worth till we have them no more.

God, you created this world,
Reframe this world so that there is no suffering,
No pain, no grief, no cries, no failures.
You are the creator, the sole manager.
Change this world, purify it.
Heal the world: make it a better place.

- Sanjeev Kumar Jha, G08086

Labels: ,

posted by DRACULA at - 0 Comments -

Post a comment