The Dramatics & Cultural Association of XLRI
Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Once Upon a Time - 7

Ramakrishna
P07048


Let's get through with one side of the argument real quickly. When was alcohol invented? The first documentary evidence of alcoholic beverages was written in Sumerian around 3200 BC. And problems date back to..? So, alcohol was not, cannot and will not be the cause to all of life's problems. Never. Ever.

Now, for the interesting part. Alcohol - The solution to all of life's problems. Yes it is. And here's a poem (if you can call it one) supposedly bringing out this universal truth.

Drunken Revelation

Things aren't what they seem to be.
I am sober, others are soberer.
I look too tied up to let go.
Things are better left unsaid.
The turmoil stays within,
Passions restrained, demeanor perfect!
This way its' safer? Hmmm...

Elixir! I found in it.
The other life I was looking for?
Dulls the senses? Who said so?
I become aware of what I want to be aware of...
The rest don’t matter...anymore
I look around, I see smiles,
They look like smiles. That will do...
Passion unleashes, I become what I am
Integrity. Is this what they call it?
There is no conflict.
Mind, body and soul unite. I'm in bliss...

There's stands the man that world should've seen always
For what he is and not anything else
This is as primal as it would ever get
Ask him any truth of this world, he will tell you...
There isn't a need to hide anything anymore
He is the role model the world has to look up to
They simply look down upon him..
And say...He's sloshed!

posted by DRACULA at - 0 Comments -

Post a comment