The Dramatics & Cultural Association of XLRI
Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Once Upon a Time - 3

Ankur Sawhney
P07007


‘The End’

Drowned in alcohol, senses betray
Linger on unspoken, make me stray
Manifested in thought, they dwell unknown
Feelings I’ve killed, urges better left alone.

Creep up beside me, silently they tread
Devour me inside, the ego I’ve fed
Consume me slowly, they stay by my side
I've run a long time, I’m trying to hide.

Miserably i fail, to swallow my dark desires
The mask, it has failed me
All inhibitions are swept aside
My 'Id' has been let free!! (‘Id’- The Freudian Concept of Id, Ego, Super Ego)

Intoxicated i wander, in search of my prey
It's been a while now, how long i can't say
The last sip of whiskey, the last whiff of the night
I've succumbed to alcoholism, without a real fight

Morning light, they find me long gone
They say I’m dead, i think its dawn
Freed from my misery, the soul set free
Today they find me, hanging from a tree.

‘The Beginning’

posted by DRACULA at - 4 Comments -

Anonymous Anonymous said...
October 11, 2007 at 12:47 AM  

Whoa!! That was something.....

Anonymous Anonymous said...
May 16, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

Is that ankur sawhney from delhi..?
BE from BVP , pune..?

Cheers..
Manmeet

Anonymous Anonymous said...
May 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

yes..

Blogger Meet said...
May 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

sawhney call me at 9212023482.
Rahuls getting married.,. Need to communicate the dates to you .
i am noida. working with ST,

Post a comment